Monday, April 29, 2013

Cumberland

  I have been held in a impatient facilty before. It's name was Cumberland. It was in New Kent, Virgina. This was my first time to be held in a impatient hospital. I arrived there on December 27, 2012 after a 5 hour drive from north carolina. When we got there we had an 2 hour admission. My brother an mom brought me up. Well after the admission they gave me a tour of the campus and then took me to the unit I was going to be placed on. I was going to be staying on Acute. Well because my heart rate was at a dangerous low rate. It was only beating 30 beats per minute. I had to wear a heart mointor for a week. After the tour my mom and brother had to start heading back home. We exchanged hugs and tears and then they left me at this place. I was lost I didn't know anything about this place.. I made two friends at first that had anorexia also. At first it seemed calm there. But  came dinner time all hell broke loose. I was crying I didn't want to eat and they only give you 30 mintues wich wasn't enough. Finally I calmed down and started eating.. I finshed just in time. If you don't eat or don't finish in time you get a supplement ( boost or insure ). If you didn't finsh that in a certian amount of time you get tubed ( goes through your nose). I was on acute for about two-three weeks. Acute only had 7 rooms. Finally I got switched to unit 7B. The unit had 18 girls. My first roomate was nice, but my second roomate was errr. Anger issues she had. Well I had made friends and I made enemies. I stayed there for a bout a month and a half. The staff was mean. Therpaist weren't helpful, Doctors were stupid, People were annoying, that place sucked. I didn't get much use of it. but I left mid Febuary. My parents took me out because of the bad enviroment and didn't like that place and neither did I. I would'nt recomend eating disorder people to go there. But those two months were the worst of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment